HOW DO I ENTER THE LOTTO MAX “UP CLOSE” CONTEST?
Consumers can enter at www.lottomaxupclose.ca or www.lottomaxupclose.com for a
chance to win. Contest is available in English and French.
DO I HAVE TO REGISTER ONLINE IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE?
Yes. In order to make sure the right prize is awarded to the right person, customers will
have to sign up at www.lottomaxupclose.ca or www.lottomaxupclose.com and create a profile by registering your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account before entering. OLG & Universal Music Canada will only use the information provided by customers to verify and contact the potential winners of the LOTTO MAX “UP CLOSE” contest. If you signed up for a previous OLG online lottery promotion, and selected “remember me” you will not be able to use the same log-in and password. You may only have one active profile. Having more than one profile may result in the disqualification of your contest entries.
WHY DO I HAVE TO CONFIRM THAT I AM OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE WHEN REGISTERING FOR THE CONTEST?
OLG has firm policies and procedures to protect against minors participating in any lottery game or contest or engaging with our websites. Contest entrants must provide their date of birth in order to confirm that they are at least 18 years of age. Should an entrant be selected to win a prize this information would also be used to confirm a winning entry. Our goal is to ensure that we pay the right prize to the right person every time.
WHAT DOES OLG AND UNIVERSAL MUSIC CANADA DO WITH MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
DO I NEED A FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO ENTER THE CONTEST?
No. To get three entries you can register each account. If you do not have a Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account you can send your entry via mail to:
Shed Creative Agency
110 Spadina Ave. Main Floor
DO I HAVE TO PURCHASE A TICKET TO EARN A BONUS ENTRY?
No. There is a no purchase necessary option to refer friends and family using your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account. Your referral must result in your friend or family to also register for the contest in order for you to receive one (1) bonus entry. There is a second no purchase necessary option to participate in Lotto Max Up Close Challenges by replying or responding to Challenge posts to receive one (1) entry for each valid online engagement in response to a challenge. There is third no purchase necessary option to create a playlist of your dream Broken Social Scene ENCORE setlist and share on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to receive one (1) entry for each valid ENCORE setlist created.
HOW LONG IS THE CONTEST PERIOD?
The contest period is from August 22, 2017 to October 5, 2017. All entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 5, 2017.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE LOTTO MAX UP CLOSE CONTEST?
The LOTTO MAX UP CLOSE CONTEST is open to residents of Ontario who are 18 years of age or older. OLG employees, contractors and representatives of OLG’s advertising, promotion and contest management agencies, OLG authorized retailers and their employees and Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario employees are not eligible to enter this Contest.
CAN I ENTER IF I WORK AT A LOCATION WHERE LOTTERY PRODUCTS ARE SOLD?
If your employer sells OLG lottery products at your work location, you are not eligible to enter the contest.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES I CAN ENTER FOR THE CONTEST?
You may only register once per social media account for a total of three (3) entries. Each Method of entry once per day. You can earn unlimited entries for valid friend referrals. You can also earn unlimited entries for valid submissions to the LOTTO MAX Up Close Challenge. The LOTTO MAX Encore Setlist Challenge is limited to 1 entry per day per social media account for a total of three (3) entries per day during the contest period.
HOW DO I EARN BONUS ENTRIES?
Bonus entries are awarded for:
- Share the contest with friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Anytime during the Contest Period, visit www.lottomaxupclose.ca or www.lottomaxupclose.com and follow the Contest link to the LOTTO MAX “UP CLOSE” contest and login using your username and password. Submit the online entry by sharing the contest with friends on social media using Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. One (1) friend referral is equal to one contest entry.
- Visit Lotto Max Up Close on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, and respond or reply to the LOTTO MAX “UP CLOSE” Challenge. Submit the online entry by engaging with challenges from any of your social media accounts and including #LottoMaxUpClose in your posts. Entries on Facebook and Twitter must tag @lottomax. One (1) engagement or reply to the LOTTO MAX “UP CLOSE” Challenge is equal to one contest entry. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for a post on Facebook, one (1) entry for a post on Twitter, and one (1) entry for a post on Instagram. No limit to number of entries per day. All entries are moderated and will be visible on the LOTTO MAX Up Close contest website.
- Create your perfect Broken Social Scene ENCORE setlist of a minumum of (2) two up to (10) ten unique Broken Social Scene songs and share it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #LottoMaxUpClose. Entries on Facebook and Twitter must tag @lottomax. Entrants will receive one (1) entry for a valid post on Facebook, one (1) entry for a valid post on Instagram and one (1) entry for a valid post on Twitter.Limit one entry per day/per social media account for a maximun total of (3) entries . All entries are moderated and will be visible on the LOTTO MAX Up Close contest website.
Check Contest Rules for more detail on the criteria and conditions.
WHEN IS THE CUT-OFF TIME TO SUBMIT ENTRIES TO THE CONTEST?
All entries must be entered by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 5, 2017.
I AM HAVING A PROBLEM ENTERING THE WEBSITE WHO DO I SPEAK WITH?
Universal Music Canada are responsible for hosting the contest on their site. If you have any technical problems with entering, please contact email@example.com and reference the LOTTO MAX Up Close contest and your problem and someone will respond to your email within 24 hours Monday – Friday and within 48 hours Saturday-Sunday.
I’M HAVING TROUBLE SIGNING UP FOR THIS CONTEST. WHY CAN'T OLG JUST SIGN ME UP? I'M GIVING YOU MY PERMISSION.
In order to maintain the integrity of the OLG contest/promotion, we are not able to physically enter a customer’s information or submit an entry on their behalf. OLG has no way of verifying the authenticity of the information provided or ensuring that the information entered is correct. You should be the only one submitting your personal information for a contest/promotion entry. If you are experiencing difficulties entering your information online, we suggest that you seek the assistance of a family member or friend.
WHEN WILL THE GRAND PRIZE, SECONDARY DRAWS BE CONDUCTED?
Draws will be conducted weekly starting Tuesday Aug 29 through to September 26 with the final draw held on Wednesday October 4, 2017. Entries will be judged in accordance with the criteria and Rules set forth in section 4.3 (a-f).
HOW & WHEN WILL THE TERTIARY DRAWS BE CONDUCTED?
A random draw of (350) three-hundred and fifty entries will be conducted electronically at the end of the contest period executed by our Contest Administrator, and will be conducted by SHED Creative Agency, 110 Spadina Ave. Toronto, Ontario between October 4th and 13th. 2017 acting on behalf of OLG.
HOW WILL THE GRAND AND SECONDARY PRIZES BE SELECTED?
Selection for the Grand Prizes will take place as follows:
- August 29th, 2017 – four (4) selected winners from the entries will be chosen
- September 5th, 2017 – four (4) selected winners from the entries will be chosen
- September 12th, 2017 – four (4) selected winners from the entries will be chosen
- September 19th, 2017 – four (4) selected winners from the entries will be chosen
- September 26th, 2017 – four (4) selected winners from the entries will be chosen
- October 4th, 2017 – five (5) selected winners from the entries will be chosen
Eligible Grand Prize winners will be notified by either telephone or email between August 29th, 2017 and October 4th, 2017 at such telephone number/email address as provided on the Contest entry form.
Selection for the Secondary Prizes will take place as follows:
- August 29th, 2017 – one (1) selected winner from the entries will be chosen
- September 5th, 2017 – one (1) selected winner from the entries will be chosen
- September 12th, 2017 – one (1) selected winner from the entries will be chosen
- September 19th, 2017 – one (1) selected winner from the entries will be chosen
- September 26th, 2017 – one (1) selected winner from the entries will be chosen
- October 4th, 2017 – one (1) selected winner from the entries will be chosen
Eligible Secondary Prize winners will be notified by either telephone or email at such telephone number/email address as provided on the Contest entry form.
IS THERE A SKILL-TESTING QUESTION?
Yes. Selected entrants must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question correctly and execute a waiver.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I AM A WINNER?
Attempts will be made to contact each potential winner of a Grand Prize, Secondary Prize and Tertiary Prize at the telephone number and/or email address provided with his/her registration information between October 5 and 13, 2017. The potential winners must return any message left by the Contest Administrator within the timeframe stipulated in the message to remain eligible to receive the Prize. Prize claiming details will be provided at the time of contact.
If, the potential winner fails to respond to the notification within forty-eight (48) hours of the first attempt or confirmed for the respective prize or is otherwise ineligible to receive the prize, his/her entry will be disqualified and he/she will not win the respective prize and the back-up entries will be contacted, and the process will continue until such time as the winner is declared or until there are no remaining entries to select from.
If no winner is declared for any prize, that prize will not be awarded.
IS THERE A LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF PRIZES I CAN WIN?
Yes. There is a limit of either one Grand Prize prize, one Secondary Prize or one Tertiary Prize per entrant.
GRAND PRIZE,SECONDARY & TERTIARY PRIZE EVENT OCTOBER 14, 2017
IS THERE AN AGE REQUIREMENT FOR THE GUEST I BRING?
Yes. All Winner’s guests must be 18 years of age or older. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to request proof of age from the Grand Prize, Secondary Prize or Tertiary Prize winner and guest of their respective identity, age and residency, as applicable.
HOW WILL I RECEIVE DETAILS ON MY PRIZE?
The Contest organizer will provide details to all Grand Prize winners on what time they are to arrive for attending a meet and greet with Broken Social Scene that includes their guest at Toronto’s Phoenix Concert Theatre on October 14, 2017. They will also provide a contact number with your Winner’s information you may call if you have any questions.
DOES MY PRIZE INCLUDE SPENDING MONEY or TRAVEL EXPENSES?
No, the Grand Prize, Secondary Prize and Tertiary Prize do not include any incidental costs or expenses related to attending this event that are not specifically identified in the Official Rules and Regulations.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE A GENERAL QUESTION ON THE CONTEST OR ANY OLG GAMES?
For any questions on any of OLG’s lottery games, or about OLG in general, may contact the OLG Customer Excellence Centre at 1-800-387-0098